June 3, 2020
Interesting Facts about Royal Luxury Saffron
Most of our customers prefer to buy the best type of saffron. Unfortunately, they don’t have proper knowledge about the best type and why it is called so. As a solution for it, Qaenat took an initiative to explain what are the best type of saffron? how to identify it? and why it is called as the best? And to be an interactive article we made this in a FAQ format.
What is royal luxury saffron?
Royal luxury is the best and rarest type of saffron. This type of saffron have full red color threads. It has approximately 1.5cm to 3cm length. The concentration level of saffron is high. So, we can use less quantity of saffron than the usual consumption.
What is the difference between royal luxury and the other types of saffron?
The concentration level of saffron will be higher in royal luxury saffron compared to other types. In this type of saffron, the degraded carotenoid compounds like crocin and crocetin are high. This can be indicated by the deep red color. The royal luxury type of saffron can be differentiated by the length of threads and by its deep red color threads. The super negin type of saffron will also be similar to royal luxury but the length of threads will be shorter.
Qualities of royal luxury saffron
- All the threads have a deep red color.
- The length of threads has approximately 1.5cm to 3cm.
- The concentration level of saffron is high. So, less quantity can be used instead of the usual consumption.
Why royal luxury is the best and rarest kind of saffron?
In a year, the harvest will happen 3 to 4 times. We get more quantity of royal luxury saffron from the first harvest. And usually this type of saffron is preferred to harvest by the early morning once the flower starts blooming.
Knowledge about the concentration of saffron
The concentration level of saffron depends on the degraded carotenoid compounds like crocin and crocetin. If the level of those compounds are high then the concentration level of saffron will also be high. We can identify the concentration level of saffron by its color and smell. More concentration indicates the deep red color and strong smell.
Why the saffron doesn’t release the smell sometimes?
The main aroma active compound in saffron is safranal. When the saffron is dried after harvest it is categorized and packed in a container to minimize contact with atmospheric oxygen. Because of the closed environment, the saffron might not release the smell sometime. At this point, we can leave the saffron open for a while. So that it can absorb the moisture and start releasing the aroma.
5 interesting facts about royal luxury saffron
- The best and rarest kind of saffron which are not easily available in the market.
- The threads have a good length of approximately 1.5cm to 3cm.
- The threads of saffron are full red in color. No yellow part can be identified in the threads.
- Unique aroma with the exotic flavor of threads when used in food.
- Because of its high level of saffron concentration, we can use less quantity compared to the usual consumption.