September 12, 2019
Saffron Fruit Smoothie
Smoothies are always a health combo for your breakfast. Especially, during the summer season, the smoothies are the recommended recipe. In this article, I would like to share about ‘how to prepare a saffron fruit smoothie?’ Preparing smoothie is a simple and quick recipe. And there is no wrong method while preparing it. You can add any fruits as per your preference. In this article, I’m going to demonstrate with banana and mango.
Saffron Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup of unsweetened milk
- ½ cup of yoghurt
- Few strands of saffron
- 1 banana
- 1 mango
- Few crushed almonds and pistachio
- Honey for taste
- You can use any type of milk like cow’s milk, coconut milk or almond milk. Any type of milk will go well with a smoothie but make sure that the milk is unsweetened. Because, if we use flavoured milk or sweetened milk, you can not get proper control in overall sweetness and flavour.
- For this recipe, I have used banana and mango. You can choose any other fruit as per your wish. My opinion is to avoid adding jack fruit for a smoothie because it may spoil the taste.
- It is not necessary that you should add honey. Honey has several health benefits and just to make the smoothie healthier I preferred it. It’s absolutely for your choice.
- Use a good blender to blend the mixture. To get a good smoothie we should not have a small shredded particle of fruit in it. Make sure all the fruit pieces are pulverized completely.
- To make a fine flavoured saffron smoothie you need a good quality of saffron threads. I prefer using premium super negin type of saffron threads for this preparation.
- Add a few threads of saffron to warm water and leave it for 5 minutes. After five minutes you can find a royal golden yellow colour of water with good aroma.
- Cut the banana and mango into small pieces and add them to the blender.
- Then add the saffron water, milk and yoghurt into the blender.
- Grind the mixture completely to a fine smoothie.
- Then pour the smoothie into the serving glass and add some crushed nut to it.
- Finally, garnish the smoothies with two or three saffron threads and crushed nuts.
- Now the smoothie is ready to serve.