Welcome back all, today we are going to make a special cake! A creamy saffron Cake. This weekend let’s get back to the kitchen, sleeve up to show some tricks and prepare the deliciously soft and creamy cake with the fragrance of flowers and saffron. It’s delicious, quick and easy.
Let’s get the ingredients and prepare quick,
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 1 hour 0 min
Yield: 1 (9-inch) round cake, about 10 servings
Ingredients to prepare delicious Saffron Cake:
- ¼ teaspoon pure saffron threads + ½ tablespoon sugar + 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 cups (255 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 whole cardamom pods (finely crushed)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups (300 g) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup (180 ml) low-fat milk
- ½ cup (120 ml) light olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Fresh whipped cream
- Dried rose petals
- Pistachio chopped
- Butter and flour, for the pan
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Use a mortar and pestle (or grinder) to grind the saffron threads and ½ tablespoon sugar together until the saffron is powdered. Add 1 tablespoon hot water and let it sit 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cardamom, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Use a handheld electric mixer to beat together the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the milk, oil, vanilla, and saffron liquid.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the dry ingredients into the wet half at a time. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until golden, and a toothpick inserted inside comes out clean or with just a couple crumbs, about 35 to 45 minutes.
- After cooking for 10 to 12 minutes, sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and continue cooking until the cake is done.
- Cool the cake completely on a wire rack.
- Top with fresh whipped cream, rose petals, and pistachio if desired; serve.
Enjoy the yummy, fluffy, creamy saffron cake.