If you are a fan of aromatic spices and flavor-rich dishes, then you have likely tried saffron. It is widely used in the kitchen, including in preparing sweets, baking pastries, seasoning meat and chicken, or cooking the most delicious rice.
Saffron in cooking
Saffron can be used to give roasted chickens a red, shiny appearance and a delectable taste. It can also be added to rice for a unique and delicious flavor. But before using saffron, it is advisable to steep it in water for several minutes to reveal its vibrant colors and unlock its full flavors.
Ingredients for saffron with smoked rice:
- 2 cups rice.
- 1 medium onion, chopped.
- 1/2 kg boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks.
- 1 1/2 cups water.
- 1 medium carrot, chopped.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- 1 tbsp ghee.
- 1 tsp saffron.
- Salt and spices (such as cardamom, cinnamon, white pepper, laurel, and clove), adjusted to taste.
- 1 charcoal briquette.
- Raw almonds, for garnishing.
- In a small saucepan, place the ghee with one tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken chunks with spices until cooked well.
- In a large saucepan, add one tbsp oil and onion, cook until translucent, then add carrot, spices, and water. Stir well and cook until the broth starts to boil.
- Add rice with salt, stir well, and cook for almost 15 minutes or until the rice is ready.
- Mix saffron with 2 tbsp of water, and drizzle the mixture over the rice.
- Heat the charcoal briquette, add one drop of oil over it, wrap it with foil paper, place it over the rice, and cover the lid for 5 minutes.
- Serve the rice with chicken and almonds on top.
This recipe is even better with some yogurt.
And if you wish to get pure, high-quality saffron to try smoked rice or other dishes, you can order it now from Qaenat store.