Often referred to as the queen of spices because of its pleasant aroma and taste, has a history as old as the human race. Cardamom used to spice both sweet and savoury dishes. Queen spice is widely employed in Middle Eastern, Arabic, Indian, and Swedish cuisine. This spice also added to meat and vegetable dish, and hot beverages such as tea and coffee.
Cardamom is a spice made from the seed’s from various plants in the genera Elettaria and Amomum in the family Zingiberaceae. cardamom pods are spindle-shaped and have a triangular cross-section. The pods contain many seed’s, but the whole cardamom pod can use whole or ground. The seeds are small and black, while the pods differ in colour and size by species.
What is Green Cardamom:
There are two main types of cardamom, the one in Black and another one in Green, and also a white bleached version of green cardamom. Green cardamom is the kind found most often in Nordic and Middle Eastern cuisine. It has a very strong, sweet, pungent flavoured and aroma, with hints of lemon and mint. Green cardamom (Elettaria cardamomum) is known as true cardamom. It is one of the most expensive spices by weight, but little is needed to impart flavour. It is best if stored in the pod if exposed or ground seeds quickly lose their flavour and aroma. Grinding the pods and seeds together lowers both the quality and the price. It is the top choice for sweet dishes but also works well in savoury dishes. The bleached version, white cardamom, has less flavour. tropical areas like India, Malaysia, and Costa Rica has much growth.
Where to Buy Pure Cardamom?
- Qaenat chooses handpicked premium cardamom from the lush green plantations of its origin
- A unique ‘Aroma Lock Pack’ which preserves the richness of aroma.
- We guarantee premium quality.
- Worldwide shipping service is available.
Qaenat is Certified for:
- Quality Management System ISO 9001: 2015
- Environment Management System ISO 14001: 2015
- Health & safety management system ISO 45001: 2018
- Dubai central laboratory food and safety