Benefits of saffron for health, skin and hair
Saffron is one of the most expensive spices in the world, due to its distinctive properties and many benefits. According to the writings of physician Hippocrates al-Kussi (d. 370 BC), known as the father of medicine, saffron is one of the most important and unique natural remedies for colds, coughs, stomach problems and disorders, uterine bleeding, insomnia, flatulence, and even heart problems.
In this article, we will talk about the amazing benefits of saffron for body health in general and for skin and hair in particular, which makes people accept to get it even if it is at the most expensive price.
First: the amazing benefits of saffron for physical health:
Saffron is considered one of the finest spices at all, due to its many health benefits, including the following:
- Reducing the risk of cancer, and clinical trials have proven that the compositions in saffron such as crocin have contributed to the elimination of some dangerous tumors.
- Saffron helps fight strong infections such as arthritis, thanks to the crocetin compound present in it.
- Saffron also contributes to enhancing the health of vision, thanks to its content of safranal, one of its components that delays retinal impairment. This compound can also reduce the loss of photoreceptors, thus protecting against future retinal diseases.
- Saffron may help treat insomnia, as the kerosene in saffron promotes non-rapid eye movement sleep by up to fifty percent.
- Saffron is considered one of the magical substances that fight depression and reduce its many symptoms that cause great psychological troubles for adults.
- Saffron may treat nervous system problems, enhancing brain health, thanks to its interaction with the cholinergic and dopaminergic systems, which prevents cases of forgetfulness, the most famous of which is Alzheimer’s.
- It helps treat digestive problems.
- Helping heal burn wounds, as saffron increases the ability to re-form the skin tissue after burns, compared to special creams for that.
- Saffron relieves menstrual symptoms and pain.
- Strengthens the work of the blood circulation and the heart system, thanks to its composition rich in thiamine and riboflavin.
- May protect the liver and prevent high blood pressure.
- Saffron plays the role of a natural sexual stimulant, as it increases the frequency and frequency of erections for men, and helps improve the shape and speed of sperm, and it is a candidate spice in treating infertility problems.
Benefits of saffron for health, skin and hair
Second: the benefits of saffron for the skin:
Saffron is an important substance today that women need, not only in kitchens, but also in the world of beauty and skin protection. Its most important aesthetic benefits are:
- Helping and protecting the skin thanks to the moisturizing effects that act as a sunscreen.
- Protecting the skin from UV rays, as it has the ability to absorb it thanks to flavonoids such as kaempferol and quercetin.
- Saffron is used in ointments for protective skin preparations, and it should be noted that attention must be paid when using it on the skin. As an excessive amount of it may dye the skin yellow.
Third: the benefits of saffron for hair:
Saffron, thanks to its antioxidant content, has many benefits for hair, including the following:
- Improving the appearance of hair and scalp health
- Help reduce hair loss, strengthen hair follicles and promote their growth.
- Saffron contributes to protecting hair from damage and damage.
- Increases hair health and strength.
- Saffron may enhance the softness and beauty of hair.
- Saffron may prevent the problem of split ends of the hair.
Does saffron have symptoms or side effects:
Saffron should not be overused. Because excessive use of saffron in greater quantity shows harmful side effects, the most important of which are dizziness, loss of appetite and weakness.
In other cases, when used in a large amount, saffron can be harmful to the lungs and kidneys, so doctors advise, especially pregnant women, not to exceed 5 grams of it per day, so as not to cause them to contract the uterus or miscarriage, and it is not recommended to over-eat nursing mothers more than Medically prescribed quantity.
Does saffron expire?
Saffron does not expire, but it loses its strong taste and strength with time, and this period is estimated from two to four years.
What distinguishes pure saffron?
Pure saffron is characterized by its bitterness. If it is sweet, it must have been subjected to some kind of fraud and imitation.
What are the best ways to store saffron?
Saffron should be stored in an airtight container, in a cool, dark place, out of sunlight.
How do I buy saffron?
The best place to buy the original natural saffron is Qaenat Store
Which provides you with the distinctive original saffron, and delivers you wherever you are in the world in a very short period and at a reasonable price.
Saffron is one of the most important popular spices that exist, and we have revealed to you its amazing benefits, for the health of the body in general and for the skin and hair in particular. And we made it clear, according to the latest research, about its most healthy features, which other spices do not have. All this and saffron is still under the experiments of experts to discover other useful and new results about it.