Saffron is that unique plant that is considered a gift from the Creator to mankind because of the health benefits of saffron. God has deposited it in the most delicate and sensitive part of the saffron flower.
The threads, veins, or stigmas of saffron contain a natural chemical called crocin, which is responsible for giving a reddish-yellow color that is beneficial to the body. Saffron threads also contain compounds with medicinal properties that are useful in curing many diseases and are used in the manufacture of many medical drugs. Saffron threads have been used in The treatment of diseases since ancient times, as a folk mixtures effective for healing and prevention of diseases.
Is Saffron Rich in vitamins ?
The stigma of saffron contains many important nutrients, including calcium, phosphorous, potassium, protein and several vitamins, including vitamin (C/1b/2b/3b/ in addition to unsaturated fatty acids and carbohydrates).
Because it contains these important elements, it has many benefits.
What is the Health benefits of saffron
- Fights symptoms of depression, anxiety and frustration, as it is a general analgesic and calming of the nerves, and helps relax and feel happy.
- It is considered a general tonic for the body and a natural sexual tonic that treats problems of sexual weakness in men and women and strengthens the desire and lust for sexual intercourse in couples.
- Strengthens the nervous system and helps regenerate damaged nerve cells
- Helps in the work of the digestive system and expels gases and removes flatulence and inflammation of the intestines.
- Relieves the annoying menstrual cramps and pains and helps to generate the retained menstrual cycle, i.e. menstruation.
- It improves the health of the respiratory system, as it resists colds and helps in treating cough and asthma
- Strengthens the blood and treats anemia, as it is rich in iron, the main component of hemoglobin and red blood cells
- Activates weak blood circulation, activating the work of the liver and spleen.
- Protects against cancer due to its richness in antioxidants, especially carotenoids such as lycopene and alpha-beta-carotene.
- It protects against cardiovascular diseases and controls blood pressure because it contains potassium
- Saffron beautifies the Skin, increases its youth, and protects it from wrinkles. And helps to purify and lighten the color.
- It also prevents hair loss and promotes rapid hair growth.
- Strengthens eyesight and removes blurring and fatigue from the eyes.